LINCOLN, Neb. – Enjoy hiking, painting outdoors, and learning about wildflowers throughout June at Lake McConaughy State Recreation Area (SRA), Lake Ogallala SRA, and Ash Hollow State Historical Park (SHP).
The June events are as follows:
– June 3: Ash Hollow Trail Walk, Ash Hollow SHP, 10 a.m. Celebrate National Trails Day with a guided 3-mile hike along the historic Oregon Trail.
– June 3: National Trails Day Hike, Lake Ogallala SRA, 3 p.m. Binoculars for bird viewing will be available.
– June 4: Wonders of Wildflowers, Lake McConaughy SRA, 2 p.m. Enjoy a presentation about native wildflowers and when they are in bloom.
– June 9: Pie and Paint, Lake McConaughy SRA, 5 p.m. Join the park naturalist at the lake to enjoy a slice of pie while you paint. Canvas, brushes, paint and a slice of pie will be provided for a fee. Call 308-284-8800 to register.
– June 10: Wildflower Walk, Lake McConaughy SRA, 10 a.m. Go on a mid-morning walk to identify wildflowers with a local wildflower enthusiast.
– June 10: Tea and Canvas, Lake McConaughy SRA, 3 p.m. Enjoy tea and an afternoon of acrylic painting by the lake. Canvas, brushes, paint and refreshments will be provided for a fee. Call 308-284-8800 to register.
– June 23: Dog Walk at the Lake, Lake Ogallala SRA, 5 p.m. Bring a four-legged friend out for a guided hike.
Additional details can be found at Calendar.OutdoorNebraska.gov. A park entry permit is required.
The post Enjoy events at Lake McConaughy SRA, Lake Ogallala SRA and Ash Hollow SHP in June appeared first on NEBRASKALand Magazine.