Yankee Hill Wildlife Management Area’s boat launch access will reopen Nov. 10 after several improvements were completed.
- erosion under the boat ramp has been repaired and rock riprap has been placed along both sides of it to prevent future erosion from occurring,
- rock riprap was added to the sides of each breakwater near the boat ramp,
- rock was added to the walking surface of each breakwater,
- concrete repairs were made to the restroom,
- a vegetation barrier was restored on the northwest edge of the parking lot, and
- the dock was repaired.
Boaters should note the drought-related low-water conditions currently at Yankee Hill. The dock has nearly reached its low-water limits and may not be available if water levels continue to decline.
Users also should be aware that the new access road to the boat ramp is closed as it is under construction. An announcement will be made when it will reopen. The original access road to the boat ramp remains open.
This boat launch project was funded through the sale of fishing permits and the Aquatic Habitat Fund. For more information, contact email@example.com.
The post Yankee Hill Wildlife Management Area boat launch area to reopen appeared first on Nebraskaland Magazine.