LINCOLN, Neb. – Enjoy music, barbeque, history and trick shooting at Enders Reservoir State Recreation Area’s 100-year Extravaganza on June 5.
The daylong event is part of Nebraska’s state parks centennial celebration.
Activities will be located on the north side of the reservoir at Hannibal Hollow and Center Dam. Food and craft vendors will set up near the main park entrance at Center Dam camping area. All the events and activities are free.
Camping at North 40 and Center Dam campgrounds will be closed to the public June 2-5 to make room for vendors, but plenty of camping areas remain available at Enders.
The lineup is:
• A 5K run at Enders starts at 7 a.m. Mountain Time, with registration at 6:30.
• Hands-on activities will begin at 8 a.m., including kayaking, tent featuring history of Enders Reservoir and Rock Creek SRA, mammal trailer, bird trunk, activity trailer, and booths.
• Semi-truck, tractor and car shows will be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To enter these shows, register at 7:30 a.m. June 5 or call the park at 308-394-5118.
• The Gould Brothers will perform their trick shooting exhibition at 3 p.m. at the archery range.
• Live country/rock music with Shooter Jaxx at 7 p.m. at the North 40 area.
• Compete in the Enders Smoke-off and test your barbeque skills. Awards will be given at 5:30 p.m. and food from the smoke-off will be served at 6 p.m. To enter, register by June 4.
A park entry permit is required and will be available at the park or at OutdoorNebraska.org.
For more information about the 100-year Extravaganza, call the Enders office or visit the event calendar entry at calendar.outdoornebraska.gov.
The post Enders Reservoir SRA 100-year Extravaganza to celebrate centennial appeared first on Nebraskaland Magazine.