Looking for some ideas on what to do outdoors in 2016? Here are sixteen fun and interesting things I think you should consider doing in Nebraska’s outdoor scene in the new year. Best wishes for a healthy, happy and prosperous 2016!
1. Enjoy a winter activity in one of our state park lands.
2. Mentor youth in your favorite outdoor activity.
4. Experience living history at a state historical park.
5. Take a back road.
6. Do something you’ve never done, learn a new outdoor skill.
7. Float a water trail.
8. Harvest wild edibles to eat.
9. Go spring wild turkey hunting.
10. Hunt light geese during the conservation order on them.
11. Fish a trout stream.
12. Bring the whole family to one of our family fishing events.
13. Spend a couple of nights in a state park or recreation area cabin with family or friends.
14. Try target shooting at a Game and Parks event or shooting range with the kids.
15. Take a wildlife viewing trip.
16. Discover the variety of birds in your backyard.
The post Sixteen Fun Things to Do in Outdoor Nebraska in 2016 appeared first on NEBRASKALand Magazine.