Big Game Guide 2016

Access digital copies of guides and regulations publications from the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission.

Issue link: http://digital.outdoornebraska.gov/i/678699

Contents of this Issue


Page 6 of 55

OutdoorNebraska.org | 7 BIG GAME PERMITS AND STAMPS WHO MAY BUY A PERMIT • All big game hunters in Nebraska are required to have a species-specific permit for deer, antelope, elk, or mountain (bighorn) sheep. • All big game hunters also are required to have a Nebraska Habitat Stamp, except for residents younger than age 16 and residents who hold veteran or 69 or older senior permits. • A Nebraska hunt (small game) permit is not required for big game. A big game permit is valid only for the species-specific season, weapon, and unit or area for which it is issued and may not be exchanged for another permit. Permits are not transferable or refundable. MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT The minimum age to hunt is 10 years with a deer permit and 12 years with antelope, elk or bighorn sheep permits. Antelope youth archery hunters and deer archery, firearm and muzzleloader hunters age 15 or younger may purchase a youth permit. (See Youth Big Game Hunting on page 11) WHEN TO BUY OR APPLY FOR PERMITS Application/purchase periods begin at 1 p.m. Central Time (CT). Applications must be received by the Commission by 5 p.m. CT or online by 11:59 p.m. CT on the final day of the application period. May 16 - June 3 — Eligible landowners may apply for one elk permit. June 13 - 24 — Residents and nonresidents may apply for one deer permit in any Draw unit (see page 9). Residents may apply for one elk permit and for one buck or either-sex antelope permit in available units. One application allowed per person per species. July 11 - Close of Season — Residents, nonresidents and eligible landowners may purchase remaining deer and antelope permits. Residents and eligible landowners may purchase remaining elk permits. HOW TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT • Online: Visit OutdoorNebraska.org during the applicable periods. • Via mail: Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, 2200 N. 33rd St., Lincoln, NE, 68503. • In person: Visit a Commission permitting office. HOW TO BUY A PERMIT You must provide: • A 2016 Big Game Application (available in this guide, at permitting offices or online). • Full name, birth date, address and physical description. • Last four (4) digits of Social Security number (Non-U.S. citizens are exempt. Call 402-471-5455.) • Hunter or bow hunter education number, if required. • Payment: Credit or debit cards (VISA, Discover and MasterCard only), cash, checks or money orders • Email address (used to notify successful applicants of permit drawings). COMMISSION PERMITTING OFFICES Ak-Sar-Ben Aquarium 21502 W. Hwy. 31, Gretna 402-332-3901 Alliance District Office 299 Husker Road, Box 725 308-763-2940 Bassett Service Center 524 Panzer St. 402-684-2921 Chadron State Park (SP) 15951 Hwy. 385 308-432-6167 Fort Robinson SP 3200 Hwy. 20, Crawford 308-665-2900 Kearney Service Center 1617 First Ave. 308-865-5310 Lake McConaughy SRA 1475 Hwy. 61, Ogallala 308-284-8800 Niobrara SP 89261 522 Ave. 402-857-3373 Norfolk District Office 2201 N. 13th St. 402-370-3374 North Platte District Office 301 E. State Farm Road 308-535-8025 Omaha Metro Office 8495 Frederick St. 402-595-2144 Ponca SP 88090 Spur 26E 402-755-2284 Lincoln Headquarters 2200 N. 33rd St. 402-471-0641 Wildcat Hills SRA 210615 Hwy. 71, Gering 308-436-3777

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

view archives of OutdoorNebraska - Big Game Guide 2016